Have you accumulated a large number of bottles of wine over the years and you're ready to build your own custom wine cellar? Here are some tips to help you build your own wine cellar.
What is a wine cellar?
A wine cellar is a climate-controlled space used to store and age the wine. Restaurants usually keep all their wine bottles in the cellar. However, it is the current trend to have a wine cellar built in residential homes. You can buy the best wine cellars online at https://cablewinesystems.com/custom-wine-racking/. When learning to build your own, consider the following steps:
- Start thinking about the design of your warehouse shelves. Finding out where you want to place your shed. The most common place to be in your basement. Start making measurements of the area where you will place the cellar.
- Think about the type of wood you want to build. Depending on the area you are building a basement, the ideal type of wood to be used should be redwood. Another type of wood used is mahogany. It is wood and is resistant to rot, therefore it has a longer lifespan and less likely to be dented.
- How many shelves will you need to keep all your bottles?
- Choose a standard or split cooling system. Both systems are popular, but it comes to your personal preference. Split systems have a longer life, but it is more expensive because you'll need to hire a professional to install the HVAC.
- Minimum wall insulation should be R-19 and the minimum for the ceiling is R-30.
- What type of lighting. Most general lighting cans installed hidden lighting with dimmer switches.