The process of coloring hair fractures off protein bonds, which makes them more vulnerable to harm. That is why your hairstylist will advocate using the ideal shampoo for color-treated hair. Such shampoo comprises mild cleansing agents and is devoid of sulfates, the infamous harsh group of compounds usually found in common shampoos.
Additionally, shampoos intended for color-treated hair contain nourishing components, especially keratin substances, the aid to fix protein bonds. This will keep it shiny and strong. You can get the R + CO hair care products like shampoo, conditioner, hairspray from specialists.
Image Source Google
When you shade, they become more porous, so they'll soak in and discharge moisture faster than before. Together with water molecules, color molecules also get released each time you wet.
Thus, you also should take care that your color stays longer and shinier. The ideal shampoo made especially for colored hair will look after this.
Now you know the value of working with the ideal shampoo for color-treated, let us know how to look after color-treated hair.
Tips to care for color-treated hair
- When you shade, wait for 48-72 hours until you shampoo it to allow the color set incorrectly.
- Avoid shampooing frequently. Twice a week is sufficient.
- Use cold water to keep cuticles closed for additional shine and softness. Hot water will open cuticles, making it more prone to dryness and damage.
- Condition hair. Be certain that you use the same brand of shampoo and conditioner. By the way of instance, if you're using Keranique's shampoo for color-treated hair, use a conditioner of the identical brand.
- Massage your scalp with warm oil once per week or fortnight. It not only enhances blood circulation to better hair health but also keeps it well-hydrated and nourished.